Ryan Gosling opens up for GQ Usa (January 2017).. and you can't miss this read.


Good Morning GosAdd,
Yesterday  GQ Magazine (the Usa edition) posted on its official website a very nice interview taken with our beloved Ryan in Budapest with 8 incredible photos takeny by Craig McDean.

In the evening I had tons of alerts in my mailbox (I've ignored them all) about the fact Harrison Ford punches Ryan while shooting and other things.
Well, everything was in THAT article by Chris Heath I've posted on my facebook page after 30 mins from its release (for once I was at the right place at the right time, it does not happen that often).

And everywhere there was the video of the shooting that, once again, was at the bottom of the same article. But I'm afraid 90% persons scrolled the article just for the photos, ignoring the words and so the video of the shooting. And this is such a pity and for me it's really frustrating as I realize more every day Ryan is loved mostly for his face (like many other actors).

Anwyay, I do suggest you all to read the full article.

Ryan decided the place of the interview  and he is true to himself


"a subterranean labyrinth that winds for several miles. At the very end of one twisting tunnel, a long walk from the surface, there is a chamber, and in its center, barely visible through the smoke that fills the room, is a small crouching statue of a grotesque, winged demon perched above a flat rectangular tombstone. The tomb's purported occupant is identified by a single chiseled word: DRACULA."
and he also explains why that place
“My mom used to hang out in graveyards when I was a kid, so…. She used to like to read the headstones. So they weren't sort of scary places.”
Ryan goes on remembering when he was at school, the Rambo thing and the fact he was suspended.

“I just remember there being, like, some injustices on the playground, you know. That there was bullying going on, or something. And I felt like that's the feeling I remember. There was something unjust going on.
I just thought, in my mind: This is not right, what is happening, and something has to be done. Thank God, you know, I was suspended. I should have been. My mother was mortified. And it was like reality came in. I had to get control of my imagination.” 

(Question) Did that feel like a good lesson learned? Or like you'd had your imagination reined in?
“No, it felt like a lesson learned. I think I felt pretty guilty about that. I think. Although, I don't know. I was so young, I don't know what the fuck was going through my head.”

In all these things, did you feel as though you were different from most of the kids you were around? 

“Not in a good way. I was doing very badly in school, and I just couldn't remember what the teachers were talking about. I felt like it looked easier for everyone else and it was harder for me. It affected my self-worth.”

Did people tell you that you weren't smart?
“I mean, they started feathering me into some special-education classes and things like that. I mean, I remember playing chess with a kid who was eating his queen, you know.”
Then Mr Heath asked him about Blade Runner and the punch affair with Harrison Ford.

“Did I hear that Harrison Ford punched you in the face?
He looks surprised. “How did you hear that? Yeah, he did. It was kind of, you know, a rite of passage.

We were just doing a fight scene and, you know, it just happened. But what was funny was, when it was over, they brought ice for my face, and Harrison pushed me out of the way and stuck his fist in the ice. I asked him the other day where he got his sense of humor from—was it from his mother or his father? He said, ‘Sears.’ And he didn't have much time to shop around so he just had to grab one and get out.”

So did it hurt when he hit you?

“You know…he's tough. He's been an inspiration to everyone—everyone is doing push-ups now and taking an interest in their fitness. As soon as it happened, the director came up to me and said, ‘Look at it this way—you just got hit by Indiana Jones.’ ”

Was he suitably apologetic?

“He came by afterward with this bottle of scotch, and I thought, ‘Oh, I knew this was coming.’ And he pulled out a glass from his pocket, poured me a glass, and walked away with the rest of the bottle. So I guess he felt like he didn't connect enough to earn a whole bottle.” He smiles. “You know, they say don't meet your heroes, but I would say the addendum to that is ‘…unless they're Harrison Ford.’ 'Cause he's a cool motherfucker.””
At the same time of his young life Ryan saw Dumbo and The Elephan Man (my note: the movie is from 1980 and was shot in black and white movie with Anthony Hopkins, Anne Bancroft and John Hurt. It's really heartbreaking and I do suggest you all to try and watch it) and he says  those films were smashing down some wall inside of his and creating a room called empathy.

And about being an actor?


I think there's an idea out there that you become an actor because you like to be at the center of attention, or because you're a natural performer. Which in some cases I'm sure is true. But I feel more often than not that what drives you to become an actor is an instinct to disappear. To become someone else. Not yourself..”

About La La Land

One of the attractions of his new movie, La La Land, was that he would be able to spend three months not only working with a jazz pianist—so that he could “really try and understand and embody a Thelonious Monk piece”—but also learning how to “do some of the styles of dance I wish I had spent time on when I was a kid.” Back then he would “shake it like a showgirl,” as he puts it—the boy star in a dance company of girls whose precocious and gleeful hip-thrusting would help bring in the trophies, and would ultimately lead to his famously unlikely teenage career diversion as a member of the Mickey Mouse Club, alongside Justin Timberlake, Christina Aguilera, and Britney Spears.”

Then some of his childhood memories

How are you most like your mother?
“She's funny. My mom used to wake me up to watch Johnny Carson, to watch his monologues. Abbott and Costello, she used to make me watch them. She knew that that was special, and she really wanted me to get that, and I still love those things. My mother's more of an academic—she went back to school five years ago and became a teacher. She's here and she's learned 500 words. I'm not an academic in the way that she is, but I do have her kind of curiosity. 


AS on a horse, with a cigar, shirtless (the photo is not in the artcle)
Is it really true that she had a picture of Arnold Schwarzenegger on the fridge when you were growing up?
“She did, yeah.”

That's really disturbing.
“Yeah.”

What was the photo?

“He was on a horse with a cigar with his shirt off.”

What was that about?
“My parents got into bodybuilding for a little while. My father was a Ferrigno fan. He liked Lou Ferrigno. My mom liked Arnold.”

So they were bodybuilding Mormons?

“My father was really more into it. She wasn't herself a bodybuilder but I think, in the '80s, everybody tampered with that a little bit, or at least the idea of it. Maybe I'm wrong. No?”

He also opens up about his 2 beloved daughers, Esmeralda Amada (Es. 2 years) and Amada Lee ( 7 months) and Eva.

I only know what it's like to have my kids. And in my situation, Eva's the dream mother, and they're dream babies, and it's like a dream that I'm having right now. I'm dreaming it all. So I feel so lucky."
I didn't have a romanticized idea of it.… It came about in a very surprising and kind of organic way. There was nothing kind of premeditated about it, you know. It just suddenly was: My life had changed. And thank God it did"

In the article there is so much more. It's really a very great interview, like the one he did ages ago with Brett Martin (once again for GQ) and it is one of those interview that really makes you want to hold the magazine between your hands and read it once again. And then again because Ryan let us know a little more about him.

It's a pity for me the interview is on the Usa issue of GQ (January 2017) because I don't think I could find it here in my little town. But I will find a way!

I was forgetting. Here below the video of the shooting.

CONVERSATION

0 Say your word:

Posta un commento