Ryan Gosling...a year later the "Announce"


A year today we had the official press conference for The Place Beyond The Pines, that was held in New York City at Waldorf Astoria Hotel.

That day Ryan did many interviews with many different journalists from different Countries.
Of that day, we have beautiful official pictures:


and some "unofficial" ones taken by fans/journalists who was there

On 20th March - few days after the Conference - the Associated Press released an interview by Jake Coyle - who works at the AP - taken with Ryan (surely during the promotion for the movie):

This is what  Ryan said:
"I've been doing it too much. I've lost perspective on what I'm doing. I think it's good for me to take a break and reassess why I'm doing it and how I'm doing it. And I think this is probably a good way to learn about that. I need a break from myself as much as I imagine the audience does."

The Gosling fans were desperate, the new appeared everywhere and the GosLine was created. 

But Ryan saved us. 
In an interview taken on 28 March 2013 at The Place Beyond the Pines Premiere in NYC, he said:
"I should have been more clear; I’m just taking a break to direct. I’m sorry about that."

Sweet sweet  Ryan,  thanks for letting us know you were just taking a break (honestly, I wrote it on my Facebook Page: How to catch a monster was already in pre-production).

I do remind you that  Ryan is not new to a "break" (from 2007 to 2009 for instance).
Anyway, since that 28th March 2013 we had just a public appearance of our Ryan for the Only God Forgives premiere in NYC (16th July) and few pictures taken by fans with him (in Detroit, in Iceland and later in Los Angeles).

At the moment there are no news about him (ignore the gossips please). 
The movie may be in post-production or ready: we don't know.
It can be premiered in Cannes or at Tiff: we don't know.

But here we are. Still waiting for him to be back.

Stay Gos
Ale

CONVERSATION

6 Say your word:

  1. Anonimo10:03 PM

    You probably read The Playlist Cannes predictions. They are hopeful for HTCAM to be selected there and really doubt Knight of Cups will be selected... I'm losing hope now that UTMP will be released before 2015. That's the one I was more excited about. Noone sees KOC ready for Cannes :-( I don't know what to think...

    RispondiElimina
    Risposte
    1. HTCAM is in every single predictions article by now. The fact is that nobody knows about Ryan or Malick. What are they doing? What are they thinking? We just have to wait. I hope AJ Edwards was right. The movies are going to be premiered at some festival and will be in theatres next year. As for HTCAM.... I'm still hoping for Cannes but Toronto is quite sure in my mind.

      Elimina
  2. Anonimo7:54 PM

    Well those are just predictions... People are always cautious when they talk of Malick. But now I try to prepare for being really disappointed when they announce the line-up in April...

    RispondiElimina
    Risposte
    1. I've got faith. I want to be positive. I try to :-) 17 April is just a month away

      Elimina
  3. Anonimo10:13 PM

    :-) yes, it's not long now...

    RispondiElimina