|Only God Forgives:|
- To Crystal: It's a little more complicated than that, mother.
- To Chang: Want to fight?
- Grabbing Mai: 'Cause she's my mother. Now if you don't want that dress, take it off.
|The Place Beyond The Pines:|
- He's my son and I should be around him. I wasn't around my Dad and look at the fuckin' way I turned out.
- I'm still his father, I can give him stuff
- You don't love me you don't like me I fuckin' get it. I'm a piece of shit, OK? I'm still his father, I can give him stuff. I got this for him, just give it to him. Tell him it's from me.
- To Jack Whalen: Well ya gotta die of somethin'
- To Sgt. O' Mara: The whole town's underwater. You're grabbing a bucket when you should be grabbing a bathing suit.
- To Grace: No ma'am, I was just hoping to take you to bed.
- To Grace: Do you have to that in front of me? You have to make yourself pretty for him in front of me?
|Seduced And Abandoned:|
- You’re lucky to get an audition. Then you get it, and you walk into a room full of guys who look just like you. You realize you’re not the only one that wore the cowboy hat. Then you can hear the other guy in the other room auditioning and now you’re thinking about not doing it like him as opposed to doing it like you wanted to do it. Then, before you go in, you hear the casting director negotiating the deal for the guy that already got the part. Turns out Jared Leto already got it.
- Well that’s the best part about Los Angeles. It’s filled with all these like Don Quixote type characters. You know…people who come from…Everyone’s left their families, their homes, their friends, their jobs to pursue a dream where they know that the percentage of them achieving that dream is never and they do it anyway. And everyone has shared the same dream and noone’s sure if it was a premonition or a delusion…and there’s only one way to find out.
- I loved movies so much; sometimes, I'd shove them down the front of my pants. I liked the way they feel."
- About dying on a plane crash: Everyone else was looking into the eyes of the person next to them, because this was the person they were going to die with....and my first instinct is to finish my steak.
- There's a hundred-thousand streets in this city. You don't need to know the route. You give me a time and a place, I give you a five minute window. Anything happens in that five minutes and I'm yours. No matter what. Anything happens a minute either side of that and you're on your own. Do you understand?
- How 'bout this. You shut your mouth. Or I'll kick your teeth down your throat and I'll shut it for you.
- Can I talk to you? I won't keep you long. I have to go somewhere and I don't think I can come back. But I just wanted you to know. Getting to be around you and Benicio was the best thing that ever happened to me.
|The Ides of March:|
- I'm not a Christian. I'm not an Atheist. I'm not Jewish. I'm not Muslim. My religion, what I believe in is called the Constitution of United States of America.
- You can lie, you can cheat, you can start a war, you can bankrupt the country, but you can't fuck the interns. They get you for that.
|Crazy Stupid Love:|
- Honestly, I don't know if I should help you or I should euthanize you.
- Cal, be better than the Gap. Be better than the Gap. Say it.
- The skin under your eyes is starting to look like Hugh Hefner's ball sack.
- Cal, my schwantz is in your face for twenty minutes. If it's not bothering you, we've got a bigger problem.
- I feel like men are more romantic than women. When we get married, we marry, like, one girl, 'cause we're resistant the whole way until we meet one girl and we think, "I'd be an idiot if I didn't marry this girl. She's so great". But it seems like girls get to a place where they just kinda pick the best option... 'Oh he's got a good job.' I mean they spend their whole life looking for Prince Charming and then they marry the guy who's got a good job and is gonna stick around
- In my experience, the prettier a girl is, the more nuts she is, which makes you insane.
- Look, I didn't want to be somebody's husband and I didn't want to be somebody's dad. That wasn't my... goal in life. For some guys it is - wasn't mine. But somehow, I've... it was what I wanted. I didn't know that and it's all I wanna do. I don't want to do anything else. That's all I want to do. I work so I can do that.
- Baby, you made a promise to me, okay? You said, "for better or worse". You said that. You said it. It was a promise. Now this is my worst, okay? This is my worst. But I'm gonna get better. You just gotta give me a chance to get better.
|All Good Things:|
- Look at her. I swear to God, I didn't even know that people like her existed. She's perfect.
- It's not awful; it's just different. People talk to each other. And there's a ham, with pineapple on it, and little cherries on it...
|Lars and The Real Girl:|
- To Gus about Bianca: Oh, she's wonderful. Gus and I are very lucky with women - she's wonderful. But she..
- To Dagmar: It's just, and I think it's because she's insecure, it's just, she's just always trying to hug everybody. You know, some people don't like that. Some people don't like to be hugged. But she doesn't realize that. She takes it personally, and, it hurts her feelings. I don't know what to do about that
- To Lt. Nunally: You warned me he was smart. You didn't warn me you were stupid.
- I don't think the gun grew little gun legs and walked out of the house. It's in here somewhere, find it.
- To the Class: Change moves in spirals, not circles. For example, the sun goes up and then it goes down. But everytime that happens, what do you get? You get a new day. You get a new one. When you breathe, you inhale and you exhale, but every single time that you do that you're a little bit different then the one before. We're always changing. And its important to know that there are some changes you can't control and that there are others you can.
- To Isabel: If I had a copy of Mein Kampf, would that make me a Nazi?
- To Drey: Look, you don't really see other kids coming up to my car, Drey, to talk to me it's uh- I'm your teacher, not your friend. Why don't you go play with other kids your own age? I'm just trying to be alone.
- I used to be so fucked. I used to be so fucked up. I was just out there. You know? But I fucking cleaned up. I cleaned up.
- Do you know the Tristan Rêveur quote about bad art? It's "bad art is more tragically beautiful than good art 'cause it documents human failure
- Your troubles will cease and fortune will smile upon you.
- Saturday at midnight. It's what I'm going to do.
- I'm gonna ask you one more time, will you or will you not go out with me? I think my hand's slipping.
- You don't know me, but I know me.
- You're gonna kill me woman! I need sleep, I need food, to regain my strength!
- It's not about following your heart and it's not about keeping your promises. It's about security.
- Well that's what we do, we fight... You tell me when I am being an arrogant son of a bitch and I tell you when you are a pain in the ass. Which you are, 99% of the time. I'm not afraid to hurt your feelings. You have like a 2 second rebound rate, then you're back doing the next pain-in-the-ass thing.
- So it's not gonna be easy. It's gonna be really hard. We're gonna have to work at this every day, but I want to do that because I want you. I want all of you, for ever, you and me, every day. Will you do something for me, please? Just picture your life for me? 30 years from now, 40 years from now? What's it look like? If it's with him, go. Go! I lost you once, I think I can do it again. If I thought that's what you really wanted. But don't you take the easy way out.
- My Dearest Allie. I couldn't sleep last night because I know that it's over between us. I'm not bitter anymore, because I know that what we had was real. And if in some distant place in the future we see each other in our new lives, I'll smile at you with joy and remember how we spent the summer beneath the trees, learning from each other and growing in love. The best love is the kind that awakens the soul and makes us reach for more, that plants a fire in our hearts and brings peace to our minds, and that's what you've given me. That's what I hope to give to you forever. I love you. I'll be seeing you. Noah
- To Martha: Now you know that I want to give you all the things that you want, right? But I can't, because they're gone... They're broken.
|The United States of Leland:|
-When I say I don't remember that day, I'm not lying. I wish I did, but I just don't. Sometimes the most important stuff goes away. Goes away so bad it's like it was never there to begin with.
- It covers my eyes. It's all I can see. Say there's some kids playing baseball. All I see is the one kid they won't let play because he tells corny jokes. And no-one thinks they're funny. Or I see a boy and a girl in love and kissing, you know. I just see that they're gonna be one of those sad old couples one day who just cheats on each other and can't even look at each other in the eye. And I feel it. I feel all of their sadness. I feel it probably even worse than that sad old couple or that corny kid will ever feel it.
- It's funny how people only say that after they do something bad. I mean, you never hear someone say, "I'm only human" after they rescue a kid from a burning building.
|The Slaughter Rule:|
- My father told me if I was hard enough, I wouldn't break. He lied. Everything breaks.
|Murder by Numbers:|
- To Justin: I'm the only person who really cares about you... You know, I think I'm the only person who sees how incredible you really are.
- Man cannot live freely without embracing suicide and crime
- The very word makes their skin crawl. They undermine traditional life, and they deracinate society. Just take a look at the greatest Jewish minds ever. Marx, Freud, Einstein. What have they given us? Communism, infantile sexuality, and the atom bomb.
- You wanna know the real reason why we hate them? Because they exist. We have all the reasons we need in three simple letters. J-E-W... Jew! You say it a million times, it's the one word that never loses its meaning.
- You print that in the New York Times, Guy, and I'm gonna kill myself